Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Thing #19 Web 2.0 Awards List


For more widgets please visit www.yourminis.com



The task was to have fun so I did. I started with Twitter because everyone seems to be all a twitter about Twitter. I am in the camp of I just don't get it. I don't want to know about every little thing someone is doing...and what I do want to find out I generally get from my friends on Facebook. I read somewhere that Twitter was "out" and something else replaced it! I am not sure what that was but in my opinion it is for the better. If this is a communication tool, I would prefer that teachers communicate with me via e-mail or wikis.

As you can see I also played with widgets, and posted a calendar here. This widget can help with organization, as items can be posted to it. For the most part widgets were just a fun diversion as was the hairsite I played with for a while.

Lulu and Biblio were 2 sites about books that were more useful than the hairstyling site. Lulu is a site available for individuals to become published authors. There is a cost involved, but they also sell the published books. They have an offer for teachers and librarians called "Aspiring Authors". This offer is for students in Grades K-8. Teachers register their classes and students who submit their writing gets the first copy free.

Biblio is another book site designed to locate and purchase books. Personally I am going to encourage my college age son to use the textbook finder.

No comments:

Post a Comment