Monday, July 27, 2009

Thing #17 Rollyo

After a few trial and errors, I finally watched the video to clearly understand the use of Rollyo. I patterned my rollyo after one of their suggested reference Rollyo and created Ref Search Simon. You can search it from my sidebar, just look under my wordle tags from Delicious and you will see a search box. Put your search term in the box and from the drop down menu select Ref Search Simon. I searched George Washington and found some tidbits and trivia about Washington. He raised marijuana which was a common crop in the 1700's for hemp and to stablize the soil...it was many years later that it became an illegal crop. George Washington was also succint in his second inaugral address only using 135 words.

Rollyo seems to be a very useful tool for limiting searches to useful and trusted sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment