Friday, July 31, 2009

Thing #23--I'm finished!

When beginning this journey I was not 100% sure what Web 2.0 was and was pleasantly surprised that I used many of the items without knowing how advanced I was. My new favorites though are the mashups and teacher tubes. I now know that I can do and find many things whether for fun or for professional use!

This summer I have had the opportunity to interview for a couple of administrative positions; technology was always a question in these interviews. I could proudly share my new knowledge...but I am realizing that perhaps the best avenue for sharing my knowledge was not in an administrative position, but using my library position to teach students! I am excited about infusing some of these ideas in school with students, teachers, and administrators!

I have long been a fan of on-line learning and feel this was set up beautifully for me to do on my own time and schedule. It seemed somewhat overwhelming at first and then I realized the pattern to each Thing and I created a method to move between Library2Play and my blog. I would definitely do another on-line program via this venue or another. Actually I was planning on sharing this with our educational technology department so they could perhaps adapt this program to one for our district.

TRY IT YOU"LL LIKE IT!

5 comments:

  1. Glad to see you made. I'm enjoying the trip. Hope my late start doesn't keep me from finishing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew Who!!! You did it! Looks like we have navigated another online course together!!! I feel much more informed and up to date on 2.0 because of this course. The librarians in our district make such a great team...thanks to Michelle for taking the initiative and convincing Dr. Bishop to include us. It has been obvious yet again through out this course that we are indeed a SERVICE PROFESSION who are on a continual adventure of learning in order to enable those we serve to learn...and probably surpass us ...I hope they wave at us on their way by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...check out my storyboard on Thing 21 in my blog...it is a booktalk on THE LION BOY...feel free to use it and share it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just finished Thing 23. It was a journey! Glad to see your done. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations and I hope you enjoyed your journey. Dr. Bishop has an awesome attitude about wanting us to know what technology is out there and new and better ways to do our job.

    ReplyDelete