Sunday, July 19, 2009

Thing #12 Creating Community Through Commenting

One aspect of reading blogs that I have found irritating are comments that just say "good job" or "nice". If I post a comment (and yes I want it to be easy, no signing in etc) I hope that whatever I say adds to the conversation in a positive way. I hate to say it but comments that lead nowhere takes up time to go through before getting to the meat of the conversation and my time for blogging is limited.

Lurking and commenting anonymously were both discussed and I feel they are linked for those of us who are not quite sure how this information is spread and shared. In my district we are warned to be careful what is posted via social networking and therefore I tend to take a very conservative role when it comes to anything on the web.

1 comment:

  1. Well...I just did the very thing that irritates both of us...but I had to say thanks for the smiley site!!!

    I have composed a response to McNaughten's email request today...I will cc it to all the librarians once I finish the final draft...subversively (it will be obvious to you guys) that what I am really doing is bolstering the arguement to support the library program.

    Let me know what you think...I will check back in tomorrow.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete