Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Thing #9 Useful Library Related Blogs

I disliked this Thing immensely, I felt all the search items were too bulky and busy. When trying to locate blogs to read and keep up with I will probably use the advice given in the blog "How to create you circle of the wise" and use blogs recommended by current blogs that I read. I have also found several blogs through the various listservs that I belong too. Perhaps if I had better search terms I could feel more successful but I truly dislike trying to weed my way through the many blogs and sites that deal with the many topics I am not interested in.

I did create a feed to the local newspaper so I can keep up with news of the county I work in but in which I do not live in. I am following the blogs of the librarians from my district who are part of this summer's library2play so hopefully when we are done we can move to a format that allows us to communicate and coordinate activities with one another.

I did like the idea of podcasts and spent some time looking at iTunes to determine if there are any that I would like to spend time with. I am considering using a Learning Spanish podcast. This service is free, so it will only cost me some time. So my next lifetime learning may be a Spanish podcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment