Monday, July 20, 2009

Thing #14 Technorati and Tags

In my past posting I quoted that tags are "creative organization"; well it is a creative outlet that I seem to lack in. I understand the use and purpose of tags, but I still have a difficult time locating what I need via tags. This is something I feel will improve with use and practice especially now that I am aware of several programs and actively use Delicious that use tags to locate and group information.

Technorati provides a service to those who wish to follow blogs. The service helps in locating blogs and grouping blogs into favorites and topics. I am not sure how interested I am in following blogs either professionally or personally. I do appreciate those who publish book reviews or book trailers on their blogs, but I can find those pieces of information elsewhere. I do follow 2 librarian listservs and find information on blogs in that arena that fills my need to read blogs. At this point blogs are in my peripheral vision of professional need...that may change as I grow more comfortable using tools such as Technorati.

No comments:

Post a Comment