Friday, July 10, 2009

Thing #7 Google Tools

Let me preface this by saying that I have never been a Google fan; I much prefer to search using Yahoo,but was glad to have some time to search through the many opportunities in Google. The 2 items that caught my attention were Google Scholar and Advanced Search. I liked these items because they helped narrow my searches to something more manageable. In advanced search you can narrow your search by file type so I searched for Power Points only. In my opinion this then becomes a useful tool since we do have Power Point as an option on all our computers.

I have read others blogging about the power of Google.docx, and I see some interesting aspects to it such as creating your own pictures. The trouble that I have with docx is that I do not seem to be able to open these documents on any of my computers. Is this a user malfunction or is this an document problem?

1 comment:

  1. I had never been a google fan either, probably because I am always telling students not to google but use our school databases, but after exploring google tools I like it more than I expected to.

    ReplyDelete